1. I proudly subscribe to the What Kate Wore blog, allowing me a detailed look at the brands and styles worn by the Duchess of Cambridge. Obviously I’m in heaven as she is traipsing around New Zealand and Australia for the next few weeks. I think she’s very classy and I would happily wear her hand-me-downs, if she decides to clean out her closet (I’m sure I’d be the first person she’d call). And George is adorable, so there’s that.
2. I am not a morning person. Back when I had to be at work by 7 each morning, my daily line was, “One more snoooooooze,” to Kevin as the alarm went off. Now I get to sleep in until 7 every day if I want to, and I must say, I’m a much better person for it. Everyone wins when I get 9 hours of sleep.
3. I know A LOT about Grace Kelly. I’ve seen all her movies (and own them all – in VHS ‘cuz I’m a fan from way-back-when). I own around five Grace Kelly biographies. I can tell you her date of birth, her wedding date, the years that most of her movies were released, and all kinds of other trivial facts about Princess Grace.
4. Have you seen Conspiracy Theory? You know how the illustrious ‘they’ keep track of Mel Gibson’s character by his purchases of Catcher in the Rye? My ‘programmed’ activity is watching You’ve Got Mail on TV. Anytime it airs, I watch it. It doesn’t matter that I’ve seen it five hundred times. I watch.
5. I can pop both of my big toes out of joint. It’s simultaneously creepy and awesome.
6. I wear one contact lens, in my left eye. My right eye has perfect vision, but my left eye has needed a lens since I was in 7th grade.
7. My bachelors degree is in Hotel and Restaurant Administration. I chose that major because I loved the Travel Channel, and especially that show, ‘Great Hotels’, where Samantha Brown traveled around the world and enjoyed all the comforts and amenities of these amazing accommodations. I guess I thought I could have her job if I just had the degree. Thus far, the Travel Channel hasn’t called.
8. Despite the fact that I’ve lived in the Southwest for most of my life and have been very exposed to the Spanish language, I discovered that I had more of a knack for Mandarin when I lived in China. I could hear and pronounce the tones more easily than I can roll my R’s.
9. My favorite color is green.
10. I own eleven pair of boots. Black dressy heel. Black dressy wedge. Black casual. Black (fake) fur-lined. Black and gold sparkly cowboy. Brown dressy heel. Brown casual tall. Light brown casual tall. Brown casual ankle. Brown dressy ankle. Grey casual. So obviously they’re very different AND necessary. I did have red pair as well, but I felt too much like Ted in his red cowboy boots when I wore them (except I’m certain that I was NOT ‘pulling. them. off.’), so I gave them to Lisa. They look bootiful on her.
Tell me a random fact or ten about YOU.