It’s here. The calendar says so. And the calendar never lies. The weather, well, sometimes it is mean and deceitful. It snickers as it deals out a snow storm. It points and laughs as the icy rain beats down. It smiles its most charming smile to your face with a full day of glorious sunshine…and then it proves itself two-faced when that sunshine is accompanied by 30 mph winds.
But the calendar – the calendar says, “It is spring!” and I will keep chanting that to myself and beautiful spring weather will follow. There will be some nice, warm spring rains to temper the dust that has literally been hanging in the air, obscuring the mountains from view. There will be sunshine and flowers and plenty of Vitamin D. The power of positive thinking, folks.
I cannot complain about winter 2013/2014. It was mild, first of all. And it was so filled with warmth and love and wonderful things that I dare say I would have nothing to complain about even if it had been a bitterly cold winter.
- Thanksgiving at home with a large extended family.
- Broncos game in Denver to celebrate Kevin’s birthday
- Christmas parties galore
- Christmas at home with family
- Kiki, Flo, and Bailey were all their sweetest selves. And Molly too – even though I don’t have any pictures of her.
- Pizza and football on New Year’s Day.
- Birthday fun and CAKE
- Friends and brunch and friends and lunch and friends and dinner.
- Breakfast with the crew.
- Hot tea – with lots of sugar
- Books – reading is the perfect winter activity.
- Fireplaces and cozy socks and sweaters complement reading.
- Circus with framily (family who are friends = framily – no matter what spell check thinks)
- Romantic Valentine’s day dinner at home with the husband (newlyweds still!)
- Reunions with friends – and red velvet cake
- New job – tears for the old and excitement for the new.
- House of Cards obsession
- New haircut
- Denver trip to see Jim G. and relax with the Kev-ster
It was grand…grand indeed.
How was your winter? Tell me a highlight or two or ten! Are you excited for spring?