In 2013, I read…
1. The Dry Grass of August
2. The Other Wes Moore
3. The Count of Monte Cristo
4. The Book Thief
5. The Night Circus
6. Gone Girl
7. In the Garden of Beasts
8. The Dressmaker
10. Let’s Pretend This Never Happened
11. The Longest Ride
12. Anne of Green Gables (re-read)
13. Anne of Avonlea (re-read)
14. Anne of the Island
15. The Perks of Being a Wallflower
16. A Week In Winter
17. The Casual Vacancy
18. The Great Gatsby
19. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
20. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
21. Catching Fire (re-read)
22. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
23. Where’d You Go, Bernadette?
There were also four or five Three Investigator books mixed in there – I just can’t remember which ones I read this year.
The titles in bold are the ones I gave 5 stars to on Goodreads. As you can see, that high accolade was given only to a couple of Harry Potter’s and Anne of Green Gables. Lots of four stars out there though (those are the underlined titles). Really, are Mr. Potter and The Count of Monte Cristo even on the same playing field? Probably not…. But that’s the beauty of books – you can choose long-and-classically-woeful or short-and-easy reads. Pure fiction, fiction based on fact, or facts-facts-nothing-but-facts. Books are the great escape and the great educator, whatever you’re looking for at any given time.
Currently reading: the fourth Harry Potter book and Anne of Windy Poplars. Oh and I’m listening to The Fault in Our Stars on Audible.
What did you read this year? Any favorites that I need to check out?