One of my mentors (who is also one of the top five smartest people I know) maintains that there are five categories in life and there must be a balance in each category for a person to feel fulfilled. Those five categories are – spiritual, personal, professional, physical, and social.
Here are 13 goals I’m setting for myself for ’13, by category.
1. Attend a different church each month to work toward finding a church home.
2. Look for opportunities to be kind. Consciously do one kind thing a day and pretty soon it will be routine. 365 acts of kindness. It doesn’t have to be earth shattering – just something that makes someone’s day the tiniest bit better. Try to be a better person in each tomorrow than I was today, and better today than I was yesterday.
3. Keep up with the perpetual journal that Tiffany made for me. Write in it every day.
4. Read 24 books.
5. Try at least one new recipe a week.
6. Create a travel map cork board to hang in my house and mark places that K and I have traveled.
7. Fund IRA for the 2013 year. 8. Take at least two classes through the local community college or online. –> SQL and QuickBooks
9. Limit sweets and sodas. Eat more vegetables. I’m not setting specific quotas to this one. I just want to focus on making good choices when it comes to the food and beverages I consume.
10. Work out 208 times. That’s an average of 4 times a week. Perfectly doable. Says the girl who hasn’t set foot in the gym in over a month.
11. Focus on stretching, strength, and flexibility. Work toward being able to do the splits by the end of 2013.
12. Send 52 gifts and/or cards to friends.
13. Fulfill all Junior League volunteer, community, and social requirements.
Do you have 13 in ’13? A year from now, what will you have accomplished?